- Jeffrey Stepakoff, MFA, Executive Director, Georgia Film Academy (GFA) (Ex Officio). – www.georgiafilmacademy.org
- Andrew Greenberg, Executive Director, Georgia Game Developers Association (Board Chair). – www.ggda.org
- Shachar Oren, Georgia Music Partners (GMP). – georgiamusicpartners.org
- Natoshia Anderson, Professor of New Media, Georgia Piedmont Technical College (GPTC). – gptc.edu
- Clark Cofer, Co-President, Georgia Production Partnership (GPP). – www.georgiaproduction.org
- Dr. Theodora Kay Beck, Associate Professor of Communication, Georgia State University, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Communications, Creative Media Industries Institute. – www.creativity.gsu.edu
- Beth Talbert, VP of Studio Operations, Eagle Rock Studios, Georgia Studio Infrastructure Alliance (GSIA). – www.eaglerockstudiosatl.com. – www.gastudioalliance.wordpress.com
- Mike Akins, Business Agent, International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States (IATSE, Local 479 Union). – www.iatse479.org
- Shannon Phillips, Executive Director, Media Education Foundation of Georgia (MEFGA) (Board Secretary). – www.mediaefg.org
- Barry Stoltze, Screen Actors Guild (SAG-AFTRA). – www.sagaftra.org
Purpose of the Commission
- The DeKalb Entertainment Commission is authorized to:
- To work closely with Decide DeKalb and DeKalb County, providing leadership and strategic direction on issues related to the film, music recording and production, and entertainment industries
- Assist Decide DeKalb and DeKalb County with the identification and marketing of ideal sites for filming, film production, music recording and production, and other entertainment purposes
- Provide leadership for the development of a Film, Music, and Entertainment Strategic Plan for DeKalb County
- Make recommendations regarding policy and procedural changes that would improve DeKalb’s business climate to grow the film, music, and entertainment industries
- Serve as ambassadors to DeKalb County and the Metropolitan Atlanta region
- Develop an annual work program in furtherance of their mission
- Undertake all necessary and appropriate activities pursuant to their mission, subject to budgetary constraints
- Facilitate industry training and education based in DeKalb County.
- The Entertainment Commission composed of subject matter experts in the film, music, and entertainment industries would provide strategic direction, marketing, and site selection assistance that leverages state incentives and local assets to attract film, television, music recording and production, interactive game, animation, and other projects to DeKalb County.
- To provide leadership and strategic direction to attract motion picture, television, interactive game, and animation productions to DeKalb County.